May 27, 2012

Rumor has it that my sister is moving up here to live in my basement.

I say rumor, because I am not sure.  She changes her mind 52 times, goes back on forth, creates huge obstacles in her mind that keep her in one spot..... but I think this time it might stick.

I am cautiously excited.  Okay, Okay I am totally thrilled to death.  I can't wait to have my partner in crime back.




However....

The whole basement thing has me a bit worried.  I don't think she is aware of what a disaster it is.  I am am not just talking about crap we are storing down there.  It is damp, walls are torn down, cinder block is exposed and the bathroom down there is use at your own risk.

So... I might be needing another visit from dad. 

But for now, Bryan and I have decided to move Eli to the "office/playroom" since his furniture is still small and we are in need of a "guestroom" and a bit larger room for Ellie.  It also finally forces us to finish that darn room.

But I am thinking Ellie really wants her own space.  So I guess the basement remodel will be starting soon.  And most likely will start with another dumpster and a few cans of Drylock.  Ellie better get ready for some work!!!

But yes I am thrilled.  I have missed her a lot.  Her humor is very much like mine, widely inappropriate, very sarcastic and bite-y but perfectly timed. 

And I can't wait to raid her wardrobe. Girl has a sick addition to Goodwill and actually comes out with some really winning pieces (when we were about 20/80% sure that she was coming up here, Bryan suggested I tell her that, crazy enough, Minneapolis has Goodwill locations here too! - He knows her so well).

I am also excited for my Mom & Dad, they miss her like crazy. 

Did I mention she is bring a dog as well?  Are we surprised?  Her name is Mya - she is part beagle, part basset-hound... so she is a bagel.  And she is old, and that is why she made her way into Ellie's heart.  My sister has a bad habit of visiting the local shelter weekly... Mya was there for quite a while, and no one was adopting her.  Her owner I believe passed and her and her brother were surrendered, brother was adopted she was not.  When she was finally adopted she was brought back.  Ellie fell for the dog.  Mya now lives the good life with Ellie and will now be living the good life we Bryan and I.

Bryan has already questioned Ellie and I's judgment in dogs....

    There was Sasha (the oldie in the background) and then there is Burnie who lives with Grandma Barb since she has more land to run on...
And then there is Mae Mae (Ellie stole this dog - for reals - but she was malnourished and slightly abused - so we will give Ellie a pass on this) and she lives with Burnie out at Grandma Barb's as well.  As you can see they are sweet loving dogs that don't tear up the house at all.  

So Bryan may have a point... however I know Emily will love to have a dog around, Todd & Thomas not so much but they will survive...

I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meg,

    Just wanted to drop you a quick note of thanks for having me on your blogroll (Nested now AWID-TheBlog) I'm super appreciative! I've recently renamed/rebranded my business and my blog and changed the address, so you may no longer receive feed updates. In any case, just wanted to let you know.

    Good luck with all the renovations...things are looking good.

    Best,
    Ashleigh

    PS. Cute kiddo and pets!
    PPS. Tried to use your email form and kept getting an error...could've been me though, in all reality.

    ReplyDelete